We love guacamole. Every chance we get, we’ll order it at a restaurant or make it ourselves. On one occasion, after eating at one of our favorite spots that has what we think is one of the best guacamole in town, we were on mission to reproduce a similarly tasty guac.
This is the result.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 vine tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 to 2 tablesoon lime or lemon juice
- Ground pepper to taste
Peel and pit the avocadoes and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Mashing it with a fork keeps the texture a little uneven and chunky, which we prefer. If you want a more even, smooth texture, you can also use a hand blender to smooth it out.
Chop up the vine tomato, onion, and cilantro and add to the mixture. Add the salt, lime juice, and ground pepper. Stir so everything is mixed thoroughly.
Serve with chips.