It’s a glorious, sunny spring day and I came home feeling inspired to have something as spring fresh as it was outside. I ended up settling on making a tomato dill chickpea salad.
- 3 vine tomatoes, chopped
- 3 baby cucumbers or 1/2 english cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons of salt, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- Feta cheese, chopped in cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
First wash and chop up the tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet red pepper, and green onion and mix together in a large bowl. Chop up the dill and mix it into the salad so it’s evenly distributed. If you’re adding the feta cheese, chop it up into cubes and add it to the salad.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar). If you would like a touch of sweetness to your dressing, add the optional honey to the dressing and mix it in well with either a small whisk or a fork. Mix the salt and pepper into the dressing, and drizzle the dressing over your salad.
There you have it – my version of spring in a bowl. Quick, simple, easy, and delicious.