Sometimes, the best recipes can come out of combining of a few of your favourite things. For me, I found recent inspiration in bacon and maple syrup and decided to apply them to lamb and some beautiful local seasonal root vegetables.
The outcome: a gorgeous bacon-wrapped maple rack of lamb on a bed of maple-glazed roast vegetables for four. Satisfying, delicious, and easy to make. It really doesn’t get better than that.
What you need are:
- 1 8-boned rack of lamb
- 1 pack of bacon
- 3 vine tomatoes, quartered
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper (your choice), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium-sized white or red potatoes, peeled or unpeeled and coarsely chopped (or 7-10 white or red baby potatoes, halved)
- 1 bunch of local medium-sized carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped (rather than the super-sized large ones that often come in bags or sell individually – if you use these large ones, use only 2 carrots)
- 3 average-sized beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole (feel free to add more if you’re a garlic lover, or less if you’re not) Continue reading